DESMI has developed a range of bilge and barge pump-off units to safely, quickly and efficiently empty storage barges regardless of content. BPUs satisfy a range of flows and barge tank depths using the famous DOP positive displacement pumps.
The BPU 250 is an all-aluminium and stainless steel permanent mount barge pumping system. The system can be designed to any hatch diameter and depth due to a proprietary design which places the pump at the bottom of the tank, taking full advantage of the DOP pump’s impressive flow and discharge head to evacuate the fluids, regardless of viscosity.
The system can be configured with a wide range of hydraulic and discharge connections, as well as local speed control for full function independent of the power source. This eliminates the need for communication between the power pack operator and the pump station by bringing the speed and directional control to the hatch where the offloading operation is taking place.
The barge pump-off unit can be fitted with any of the three sizes of DOP pump to accommodate a wide range of operational requirements for various industries. The use of a hydraulic pump, separately located from the power pack makes the BPU the proven option for use in explosive and flammable atmospheres.
Advantages of barge pump-off units (BPU):
- No electrical supply involved.
- All hydraulic drive is supplied from a remote power pack.
- Dry break fluid couplings as standard to avoid deck spills.
- Once the BPU is installed, there is no heavy or awkward lifting involved.
- The famous DOP pump can handle almost any fluid, from light to very heavy.
- The pump controls are mounted on the top plate for ease of operation.
- Quick, safe and efficient barge pump out is ensured.
Life cycle costs
- Standard DOP pumps result in uniformity of spares
- No line shafts or intermediate bearings extends life and reduces weight
- Proven oil spill technology
DESMI designs and manufactures an extensive range of systems to recover oil and chemicals from the marine and inland environment. DESMI products include skimmers, booms, storage tanks, power packs, pumps, dispersant systems, vessels and ancillary items.
DESMI’s extensive range of containment booms and oil skimmers supports their oil spill response solutions which are highly trusted in the industry. Whether the requirement is for offshore or shoreline areas; the arctic or equatorial environment, DESMI delivers proven solutions for all spill conditions and offers outstanding life-cycle costs.
Global Spill Control is DESMI’s authorised Australian partner.