This fit test solution is an important component of the qualitative Moldex BITREX respirator fit test kit. BITREX respirator fit testing kits are used to determine whether a respirator is safe to use, is worn correctly and fits securely, with a simple pass or fail result.
- The fit test screening solution is supplied as a pack of 6x 2.5ml bottles.
- Test screening solution is used to test the face to facepiece seal. This is part of the testing process to ensure the respirator is secure and fits well.
- Qualitative testing uses the wearer’s sense of smell or taste or their reaction to an irritant. Therefore the testing would detect leaks.
- The BITREX fit test includes a taste sensitivity test and a threshold sensitivity screening test.
This screening solution is a component of the Moldex BITREX respirator fit test kit. The whole kit includes the following items, all of which can also be purchased individually to replace used components:
- One fit test hood
- 6 x 2.5ml bottles of Threshold Screening Solution – BITREX
- 6 x 2.5ml bottles of Fit Test Solution – BITREX
- 100 x alcohol wipes
Important fit test requirements to keep in mind:
- Facial hair can affect the respirator’s ability to protect the user. Anything that interferes with the seal of the respirator to the face disqualifies the subject from wearing a tight fitting respirator.
- Glasses, goggles or other corrective or protective equipment that will be worn while working must be worn during test, when feasible.