The unique Mini-Max is a self-adjusting floating weir skimmer that is capable of recovering a wide range of oils and waste products floating on the water surface.
The Mini-Max skimmer head can be connected to any self-priming suction pump. Capacity and viscosity handling of the skimmer head is determined by the suction pump or vacuum system attached to the skimmer – vacuum systems can pull a deep suction. The Mini-Max floating weir skimmer is ideal for small industrial separators, tanks and waters and can be coupled directly to a vacuum truck or other suction pumps such as diaphragm pumps. In this mode it may be considered for use in hazardous areas.
The Mini-Max is ideal for skimming a wide range of products – as long as it floats and flows, the Mini-Max will be able to recover it. It is typically packaged with a diesel driven 3in diaphragm pump in a convenient aluminium, polyethylene or wooden storage box.
Advantages of the Mini-Max self-adjusting floating weir skimmer:
- Totally self-adjusting articulated weir lip allows the weir to fully react to water movement
- Shallow draught and lightweight, the Mini-Max is ideal for industrial, inland and coastal oil spill operations
- 360 degree uninterrupted flow of oil into the central hopper, with buoyancy provided by the central float
- Reliability, as the Mini-Max is constructed from robust materials and is virtually maintenance-free. It is ideal for installation in oil pits, API separators and other process lagoons
- Simple operation – the Mini-Max does not require compressed air or hydraulic power to adjust the skimming depth, this is simply achieved by regulating the suction rate
DESMI designs and manufactures an extensive range of systems to recover oil and chemicals from the marine and inland environment. DESMI products include skimmers, booms, storage tanks, power packs, pumps, dispersant systems, vessels and ancillary items.
DESMI’s extensive range of containment booms and oil skimmers supports their oil spill response solutions which are highly trusted in the industry. Whether the requirement is for offshore or shoreline areas; the arctic or equatorial environment, DESMI delivers proven solutions for all spill conditions and offers outstanding life-cycle costs.
Global Spill Control is DESMI’s authorised Australian partner.