A hazchem sorbent pad is used to absorb most acids, bases, coolants, paints, solvents, oils and hazardous chemicals. These larger hazchem pads are ideal to use wherever chemicals are stored, handled and spilled.
Hazchem (also known as chemical) absorbents are made from meltblown polypropylene which are colour-coded pink for easy identification. These absorbents are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in liquids and have a fast-wicking action to clean up spills quickly. Hazchem absorbents are inert and dust-free and will not degrade or chemically react with absorbed liquids.
- This large hazchem sorbent pad is ideal for chemical processing plants, paint and panel shops, chemical storage and handling facilities, transport warehouses, food and beverage processing plants, printing and automotive workshops.
- Absorbs and cleans up most acids, bases, paints, solvents, hydrocarbons inks, dyes and aggressive water-based liquids on contact.
- Chemical absorbent pads are ideal for wiping up most spills.
- Non-allergenic, non-hazardous with no dust.
- Fast wicking action allows quick clean up, reduces potential slip hazards and improves safety in the workplace.
- Chemical absorbent pads are simple to use without the need for specialised PPE.
45cm x 45cm chemical absorbent pads are supplied in packs of 50.
Need a smaller sized pad? Hazchem pads are also available in a smaller 28cm x 32cm size.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
Chemical absorbent pads are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in liquid by encapsulating the liquid within the polypropylene’s fine fibres.