This mercury spill kit is a single use pouch designed for cleaning up small mercury spills in hospitals, laboratories, schools, workshops, warehouses, factories, chemical plants – wherever mercury is stored, handled and potentially spilled.
Mercury is a heavy silvery-white metal which is liquid at normal temperatures. Mercury will vaporise at normal room temperature. This in turn creates a risk of mercury exposure through inhalation. The risk increases as the temperature increases. This is one of the key reasons it’s important to clean up a mercury spill immediately.
- Contains a 200g sachet of mercury encapsulating powder that, when mixed with water, solidifies the spilled mercury into a solid mass.
- Use plastic scoop and pan to lift and place into disposal bags.
- This mercury spill kit also contains safety gear such as safety gloves and goggles to keep responders safe.
- Spill kit includes clear label and spill kit operating instructions.
- This spill kit is supplied in a single use pouch
Spill kits are available in an extensive range of sizes and types to ensure a fit for purpose spill kit is on hand to help minimise risk and meet environmental obligations. View our full range of Lab & Healthcare spill kits.