DESAP is a super-absorbent polymer that can absorb and retain large amounts of liquid relative to its own mass. DESAP turns semi-solids, food wastes, putrescible waste or contaminated leachates into a manageable gel for easier recovery. It may also be used to bind and coagulate biohazard waste, medical waste and body fluids such as vomit, blood, faeces or urine.
DESAP is also ideal for dewatering or any areas where it’s difficult to access the spill for immediate clean up. Suitable applications include water & wastewater treatment, commercial cleaning & laundries, catering & function centres, educational & training facilities, laboratories, shopping centres, nursing homes, public transport, freight & passenger terminals.
DESAP = DEwatering Super Absorbent Polymer
- DESAP super absorbent is a white, free-flowing granule which absorbs up to 500 times its own weight in liquid with minimal increase in waste volume.
- Use in a spill scenario to absorb liquids and turn them into a solid gel.
- DESAP turns semi-solids, food wastes, putrescible waste or contaminated leachates into a manageable gel for easier recovery.
- Renders liquid waste into a solid waste for easier disposal.
- Use to suppress fumes and vapours.
- Safe, effective, fast and easy to use.
DESAP’s super-high absorbent capacity allows small quantities to be used, therefore reducing waste and disposal costs.
DESAP super absorbent polymer is available in 3.5kg, 7.5kg, 15kg and 20kg packs.