This two part long vehicle sign is used to warn motorists that a vehicle is over 22m long but no longer than 30m. One sign features black text reading LONG and the other with black text reading VEHICLE, both on a Class 1 reflective yellow background.
Available in two different materials, metal and self adhesive. Select your preferred options from the drop down menu above.
Under the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL), certain longer combinations are required to be fitted with a long vehicle warning sign. Combinations more than 22m but not longer than 30m will require a long vehicle sign displayed at the rear.
- Each sign size: 510mm x 250mm
- Class 1 (Class 400) reflective metal
- Material choice of: Metal or self adhesive
- Meets the requirements of NHVR Vehicle Standards Guide 19 (VSG-19)
- For a vehicle that requires a long vehicle warning sign, a warning sign must be affixed to the rear of the combination
- The sign is displayed so that the entire sign is visible
- Be maintained so that it can be easily read by other road users
- Be affixed or attached to the vehicle so that it does not furl, fold up, flap or warp under any operating condition
- The bottom edge of the sign must be at least 500mm above the ground
- The top edge of the sign must not be more than 1.8m above the ground
- The sign must be installed horizontally
- The part on the left must show the word ‘LONG’ and the part on the right must show the word ‘VEHICLE’
- Both parts of the sign must be installed at the same height above the ground.
* Configuration requirements as per Vehicle Standards Guide 19 (VSG-19) – Vehicle warning signs
Single long vehicle signs are also available, to view these online please click here. To view the full range of heavy vehicle signs please click here
All heavy vehicle signs are designed and manufactured in Australia