Use this magnetic boom connector to attach and seal an oil containment boom to a metal (ferrous) surface, such as a ship’s hull.
This magnetic boom anchor features exceptional breakaway force and shear force holding strength to prevent sideways movement
- Four individual magnets provide 800kg breaking force – 200kg holding force per magnet.
- Each switch magnet has an on/off handle to allow the unit to be easily fitted to or disconnected from the hull.
- Easily connects to any oil containment boom with an ASTM connector up to 600mm.
- High visibility safety float fitted in case of accidental detachment.
- Magnetic boom connector should be monitored regularly to ensure set on water line.
- When used in areas of significant tidal movement, a tidal compensator should also be used.
- Australian made
Notes about oil containment booms:
Floating booms or impervious barriers that trap oil on the water’s surface are universally called oil containment booms. They are generally manufactured from PVC or urethane material and are able to withstand the harsh conditions and elements typically found at an oil spill. Oil containment booms typically consist of the following elements:
- Freeboard – the part of the boom above the water’s surface. Designed to deflect or contain an oil spill.
- Skirt – the impervious barrier below the water’s surface. Skirt depth varies according to boom type.
- Ballast – located at the bottom of the skirt and keeps the boom upright in the water.
- Connectors – allow multiple boom lengths to be joined together to form one long continuous barrier.