Organic absorbent booms are filled with 100% organic Global peat and are ideal to contain, divert and absorb spills of oil, fuel, diesel, petrol and other hydrocarbons whilst repelling water. The 100% natural materials in our organic range allow the used absorbents to be land-farmed (if permitted).
Oil and fuel absorbents are hydrophobic, which means they repel water. This makes them ideal for cleaning up oil and fuel spills in wet environments, including ponds, sumps, drains, lakes, rivers, creeks or in the rain.
Highly flexible, absorbent oil booms can be stuffed into drains, moulded around machinery, pushed under pallets or used to block and divert a spill from entering waterways and drains.
- Absorbent booms are great for mine site and maintenance workshops, factory and warehouse floors, fuel handling facilities, oil storage depots, vehicle repair shops and transport facilities.
- Prevent spills from escaping by using organic absorbent booms to form an absorbent barrier around drums, forklifts, plant and machinery.
- Ideal for stormwater drain protection.
- Global peat is a non-leaching, 100% organic fibre which will not discharge any absorbed contaminants – used booms can be disposed to land farm (if permitted).
- Peat organic absorbent booms have a strong wicking action which encapsulates oils, fuels, solvents and other petroleum hydrocarbons on contact.
- Peat booms suppress vapours.
- The Global peat contained within these organic absorbent booms contain an oil-eating bacteria which, over time, will biodegrade the contaminants and return to its natural state.
- Excellent water-repellent characteristics (hydrophobic) – use in the rain or on water to absorb oil and fuel only.
- Fast absorption for improved safety and productivity in the workplace.
- Organic absorbent booms are simple and easy to use without the need for specialised PPE.
Peat-filled organic absorbent booms are supplied individually.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
Peat organic absorbent booms are able to absorb up to five times their own weight in liquid by encapsulating the liquid within the peat’s organic fibres.