This Moldex respirator fit test hood is used in the qualitative Moldex BITREX respirator fit test kit. The fit test kits help decide whether a respirator is safe to use, is worn correctly and fits securely.
- Respirator fit test hoods are donned and the fit test solution is sprayed into the hood for isolated testing.
- Moldex respirator test hoods are 100% PVC free.
- This kit tests the face to facepiece seal to ensure the respirator is secure and fits well.
- Qualitative testing uses sense of smell or taste or reaction to an irritant which would detect leaks.
- Conduct a taste sensitivity test and a threshold sensitivity screening test with the use of the hood.
This hood is a component of the Moldex BITREX respirator fit test kit. The whole kit includes the following items, all of which can also be purchased individually to replace used components:
- One fit test hood
- 6 x 2.5ml bottles of Threshold Screening Solution – BITREX
- 6 x 2.5ml bottles of Fit Test Solution – BITREX
- 100 x alcohol wipes
Important fit test requirements to keep in mind:
- Facial hair can affect the respirator’s ability to protect the user. Anything that interferes with the seal of the respirator to the face disqualifies the subject from wearing a tight fitting respirator.
- Glasses, goggles or other corrective or protective equipment that will be worn while working must be worn during test, when feasible.