This Tobin portable eyewash stand contains two 1L bottles in a mobile unit ideal for vehicles or personnel on the go. The free-standing unit holds bottles by their caps – to open, simply break the cap and air vent on the base of the bottle.
Tobin eyewash is an effective sterile and safe eyewash for industrial use. An eyewash should be quick, simple and safe to use. The unique shape of these eyewash bottles ensures that even a temporarily blinded and confused person can identify it as a safety eyewash. Tobin eyewash units are a well-proven, quick and safe way to wash chemicals away from eyes. Their specially designed system delivers the fastest possible application combined with a volume large enough for most eye accidents.
- Two 1L bottles – provides six minutes of washing time.
- Portable eyewash units are ideal for use in trucks, boats, trains, emergency trailers, etc
- Plastic stand supports the bottles tightly.
- Can be attached to a wall at an angle.
- No moving or mechanical parts to malfunction.
- Unopened bottles can be replaced into the portable eyewash unit.
- Bottles have rounded bottoms so they can not be stored for safety reasons.
- Expiry dates are clearly marked on the pocket eyewash unit.
- Shelf life is three years from date of manufacture.
- It is recommended that trucks carry at least 250mL of eyewash solution.
Why is portable eyewash so important?
Chemicals in the eye cause serious damage within 1-5 seconds. Washing that has commenced within a few seconds can be decisive in minimising eye damage.
A damaged eye must not be washed with a hard/sharp jet. Tobin’s bottles are constructed to empty under natural pressure, delivering a soft flow. When the bottom air vent is opened, a patient cannot increase the flow by squeezing the bottle.
Uninterrupted washing over a long period of time is particularly important. Specially designed bottles with an opened air vent provide three minutes of continuous flow.