This poly weir skimmer is a floating, suction-type skimmer for removing oils and fuels from the water’s surface. Weir skimmers are ideal for use on ponds, lakes, dams, rivers, harbours and marinas.
These tough skimmers use a self-adjusting weir that floats and finds the oil/water interface and allows the surface layer (oil) to be drawn over the weir and into the bowl. They are manufactured from both polyethylene and 316 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance.
Weir skimmers are ideal for use with self-priming, suction-type pumps in all types of spill recovery and other environmental and industrial applications.
- The oil skimmer’s specially designed concertina and floating ring automatically re-adjusts the skimming depth 10mm to 20mm in rougher waters, minimising the amount of water skimmed.
- This poly 5,000 litre per hour weir skimmer can operate in very shallow water.
- Lightweight and easily moved and operated by one person.
- This oil skimmer is supplied with five metres of reinforced suction hose and a camlock adaptor.
- Use the optional trash screen to prevent debris from entering the weir.
- This small skimmer recovers up to 5000 litres per hour of oil.
- For oil spill recovery, the spill should be contained and concentrated/thickened with the use of an oil containment boom. The weir skimmer can then be placed where the oil is thickest.
Have a bigger spill and need a larger weir skimmer? Have a look at the GSW30ESP which can skim up to 30,000L per hour.
Made in Australia