The portable gravity fed eyewash is used to flush hazardous substances and irritants from the eyes and face.
This self-contained unit is ideal for remote locations or sites that have limited or no plumbed water.
- Lightweight, compact and portable gravity fed system.
- 34.1 litre (9 gallon) capacity.
- Made from high-density polyethylene.
- Provides a full 15 minutes of continuous flushing fluid at 1.5 litres per minute.
- High visibility yellow fold-down arm that activates the flow, leaving hands free to hold eyelids open for an effective flush.
- Includes wall mounting bracket.
- Manufactured to meet Australian Standard AS4775-2007.
- Moulded handle for easy handling and installation.
- The arm folds up to protect spray outlets from dust, grime and damage when not in use.
- Wide fill opening with threaded cap enables easy inspection, cleaning and filling.
- Includes an inspection label on the cap to record inspection dates.
- The eyewash unit should be installed in an area easily accessible by all personnel and free from obstructions. The unit should be clearly identified with emergency signage.
- Each unit is supplied with a 250mL bottle of bacteriostatic preservative to help prevent bacterial growth in the tank.
- Detailed directions for use, installation and maintenance, including how to fill with bacteriostatic preservative are included on the eyewash instruction card.
Why is a portable eyewash so important?
Chemicals in the eye cause serious damage within 1-5 seconds. Washing that has commenced within a few seconds can minimise eye damage.
Access to a portable eyewash on remote sites can provide uninterrupted eye washing for 15 minutes, which is critical in reducing the risk of significant eye damage before medical attention is available.
Click to view our full range of Emergency face and eyewash systems.
Click to view our range of Emergency eyewash signs.
Click to view our bacteriostatic preservative for use with this portable eyewash unit.