Oil absorbing pads are ideal for cleaning up everyday hydrocarbon spills or wiping down oily equipment in both wet and dry conditions.
These hydrocarbon absorbent pads are ideal for workshops, warehouses, loading docks, factories, transport depots, fuel and oil handling facilities, vehicle repair shops and maintenance workshops.
Oil and fuel absorbents are made from meltblown polypropylene and are colour-coded white for easy identification. These absorbents are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in oil and have a fast-wicking action to clean up spills quickly. Oil and fuel absorbents are hydrophobic, which means they repel water. This makes them ideal for cleaning up hydrocarbon spills in wet environments, including ponds, sumps, drains, lakes, rivers, creeks or in the rain.
- Oil absorbent pads are great for bilge and floor mop up in ships, boats, naval and service vessels, oil rigs and floating platforms.
- These meltblown polypropylene pads feature high absorbency for hydrocarbon spills, leaks and drips.
- Oil absorbent pads are a tough, durable, non-allergenic, non-hazardous and dust-free absorbent.
- Hydrocarbon pads feature excellent water-repellent characteristics (hydrophobic) so are suitable to use in the rain or float on water to absorb oil and fuel only.
- Rapidly absorbs oil and fuel spills for improved safety and productivity in the workplace.
- Oil and fuel sorbent pads can be squeezed and re-used.
- Simple, lightweight and easy to use without the need for specialised PPE.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
Oil absorbing pads are supplied in packs of 50 or 200.
Hydrocarbon sorbent pads are also available in a heavier weight – view our heavy duty oil and fuel pads for more information.
These pads are also available in a low lint version for use in power stations, generating facilities or on hydraulic systems.